Chocolate Brownies are as easy to make as they are tasty! That’s very easy indeed! I’m a total novice when it comes to baking and trust me, if I can bake chocolate brownies effortlessly then I know that you can too! Chocolate Brownies never fail to put a smile on a face and they also fill your home with an envious smell of baked heaven!
In this easy chocolate brownie recipe we’re going to spice things up a little by adding Cadbury Fingers. If you’re not a fan of this tasty treat then you can omit it altogether or add several personal favourites including choc chips or nuts.
What You’ll Need To Bake Chocolate Brownies With Cadbury Fingers
One of the best things about baking chocolate brownies is that there are very few ingredients; this makes it relatively cheap and easy to do!
- 4 Eggs
- 320g Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 140g Butter (Melted)
- 75g Cocoa Powder
- 140g Plain Flour
- 100g Cadbury Fingers (bashed into bits)
Personally, I like to separate everything once weighed out ready to be thrown into the mixing bowl. It adds to the washing up but definitely makes life easier!
Easy Chocolate Brownies With Cadbury Fingers Recipe
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 160°c (320°f). At this point I also set play on my favourite Podcast. One has to get in the mood!
- Take your butter and place it in a small pan and heat on very low. This should prevent burning the butter; just remember to keep your eye on it – stirring it occasionally to help it melt. I personally find it a little too therapeutic watching it melt and swirling it around the pan (but that’s just me).
- Carefully crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk. I crack them individually into a separate bowl to ensure no bits of egg shell get into my mix and tip them one by one into the mixing bowl for whisking. Don’t whisk too hard as it may make your eggs bubbly which will create bubbles in brownies during baking.
- Add your caster sugar and vanilla extract to the eggs and mix it in.
- Take your golden-coloured melted butter and add it to the mix. Now give it all a good whisk.
- Add cocoa powder and flour and mix. I like to add half the cocoa powder and mix it in, then I add the rest – I then do the same thing with the flour. It seems to help mix it in evenly!
- Now add the bashed up Cadbury Fingers and mix thoroughly. You should now be left with a lovely thick, chocolatey mixture. If you’ve chosen another filling like choc chips or nuts then add these instead.
- Spoon into a 20cm square baking tin. I find lining the tin with foil first help when removing the chocolate brownies at the end.
- Place in the centre of your oven and bake for 40 minutes. The brownie should be slightly springy on the touch
Once The Chocolate Brownies Have Finished Baking
Grab your oven gloves and carefully remove the brownies from the oven. Remove from the tray and do away with the foil and place the chocolate brownies on a cooling tray.
Once cooled, slice it up and enjoy! I always find slicing off the amount I need only helps keep the rest of the chocolate brownies fresh – rather than cutting it all up into small pieces, although do whatever works best for you!
Chocolate brownies can be a tad bit dry on when consumed on their own so I like to add a bit of ice cream on the side to help moisten them. I also find heating them up in the microwave on 850w for 30 – 35 seconds creates a perfect storm of warm tasty brownies and cold, creamy ice cream!
Alan, FoodBlogs UK