By: Amanda Pedrianes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Pizza is renowned for being filled with calories and generally ‘bad for you’. On the contrary, I will share with you today an option which will not only alter your intake but tingle your taste buds, too.
Next time, instead of pepperoni, why not mix it up a bit and use kale as your pizza topping? It’s nutritious and delicious, and very easy to do!
You will need:
1. Pre-made pizza crust
2. Pizza sauce
3. Mozzarella cheese
5. Other desired toppings
6. Olive oil
1. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet.
2. Drizzle pizza lightly with olive oil and make sure crust is covered. You may want to consider brushing the olive oil on.
3. Place pizza sauce on top of pizza.
4. Add a light layer of cheese.
5. Slice kale into tiny pieces and cover the top of the pizza.
6. Add other toppings or more cheese if desired.
7. Bake on 425 degrees F/220 degrees C for 10 to 15 minutes or until pizza reaches desired crispiness.
I prefer to use just kale as the main topping, but it’s up to you if you want to add more toppings. The pizza above to the left has green peppers, onions, and kale.
Amanda writes wonderful stuff regularly for us at Food Blogs UK. Head over to her blog at 14 weeks of summer to read more of her recipes and food ideas.