How spices improve your health
Spices are the dried seeds, fruits, roots, bark, or vegetative substance added to food in small portions. Spices help to destroy and prevent the growth of pathogenic bacteria. Aromatic plants are well-known to people since ancient times. Using spices with food, people constantly improve their knowledge about the properties and possibilities of spices. Spices are many-sided and hide many secrets. Some of them grow only in countries with a hot tropical climate; that is why spices are popular there; others are more forgiving and grow in different climatic conditions, sometimes reaching northern latitudes. Nevertheless, one must remember that everything is in moderation. The public in general tend to believe that spices are not very useful even in small portions. Despite of many beliefs, today we may prove that spices have many useful features.
Spices have plenty of useful qualities, if using them wisely. For instance:
• Rosemary, turmeric, basil, and ginger are very powerful anti-inflammatory spices. Like winking, they improve common condition of organism. Rosemary helps a body to grow muscles and also prevents the development of cancer of lungs, breast and stomach.
• Ginger is also useful in the fight against cancer, reduces the level of cholesterol, and prevents the formation of thrombi, which can lead to stroke or heart attack.
• Cumin, turmeric, and sage are active fighters with dementia; in addition, cumin is a good source of iron, vitamin C, vitamin A, and thus strengthening the immune system.
• Chili pepper stimulates digestive enzymes, protects against stomach ulcers. Coriander and cinnamon help to regulate blood sugar.
• Caraway helps to control body weight and minimizes the deposition of body fat.
• Garlic, mustard, hawthorn, chicory is incredibly good for your heart.
• Basil, the cumin will improve the skin condition, so it can be used and helpful not only in the kitchen.
• Cinnamon may relieve the pain and help to get rid of the stiffness in the muscles. Cinnamon spice influences a brain function. To add to it, the smell of cinnamon accumulates memory and attention. Moreover, cinnamon is able to reduce inflammation in the blood vessels that leads to atherosclerosis or heart attack.
Summing it up, all spices promote secretion of gastric juice. It increases blood flow to the walls of the stomach, thereby accelerating the healing process of the mucous membranes of the stomach. Spicy food helps produce serotonin and endorphins, the hormone of joy that can help improve mood and can blunt the mild pain. Spicy products can be very beneficial for the health and the human body, but one should not abuse it. Spicy food, as well as other kinds of food, must be used in moderation. In case food causes discomfort, it is a body’s signal to stop experimenting with spicy food.